Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video programs taught by professional instructors.
- Learn new expertise from begin to end.
- Downloadable Source Files additionally obtainable on GitHub.
When creating a Rails app, you’ll in all probability want a number of of those dependencies: a database server, a key-worth retailer, a background employee or a search engine. Installing and operating these in your native machine will get messy quick. Data out of your app may also intrude with different apps you’re creating on the identical system. With Vagrant you possibly can isolate these dependencies in a digital machine, begin and cease them on the similar time, and stop your self and others from having to arrange the whole lot once more when your system crashes or whenever you transfer to a brand new pc. In this course, you’ll discover ways to create a digital machine with Vagrant, configure it for Rails improvement and share it with others.
What You’ll Learn
- Installing VirtualBox, Vagrant, and VMware.
- Setting up your Rails stack.
- Configuring the Vagrantfile.
- Installing and configuring PostgreSQL and Redis.
- The optimum Rails improvement workflow with Vagrant.
- Exporting and sharing your Vagrant field.
About the Instructor